Monday, April 20, 2009

Perugina Chocolate Factory

On Friday I went to the Perugina chocolate factory with all of the Siena Italian Studies program my mom, dad, and friends that are visiting us. First we saw a video about how the make the chocolate. I didn't think that it went through so many procedures. I also found out that Nestle is Swiss, I thought that it was American. We then had a tour. The factory smelled so good! We walked on a hallway over the rooms were they have conveyor belts to moves the candy from place to place. There is a very popular candy of Perugina called Baci or Kisses it is dark chocolate and has a hazelnut in the middle. I think that it is really good! Our tour guide said that there were 1,200 or so people who work at the factory. There is even a job for putting a hazelnut in the middle. I thought that that sounds like a very boring job!

No comments:

Post a Comment