Friday, February 13, 2009

The Dolomites

The Dolomites are a part of the Alps. When we got to the Dolomites, the next day I went to go skiing. In Italian ski is sci pronounced "shee." There was a lot of snow. Skiing was very fun! I also went bob sledding, which is different than what we call bob sledding. Bob sledding in Italy is more like our sledding. It is not like the bob sledding that is in the Olympics. We stayed at the Hotel San Giacomo which was pretty nice.  It had a pool and a spa. The food was good too. I just learned today that snowboard is exactly the same word in Italian. My first time in the Alps was a good one!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Libby,
    Good posts so far. You are giving us a flavor of what Italian life is like. Did you take a ski lesson in Italian? Are ski lifts the same in Italy? Are resorts the same size? Was yours like Timberline or Meadows? Hey, if you get a moment, click on this link....
    http://inside.catlin.edu/moodle/course/view.php?id=6
    Thanks,
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I did not take a ski lesson in Italian. Ski lifts are the same. I think the resorts are the same size. I am not sure if the resort was like Timberline or Meadows. I am glad your liking my posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Paul,

    I went to the site you told me to go to and it did not show the dot of someone in Italy. Do you know what to do?

    Thanks,

    Libby

    ReplyDelete